ECS Registered Electrician status
ECS Registered Electrician status - are you eligible?
If you’re an ECS Installation or Maintenance Electrician cardholder and are qualified in the current edition of the Wiring Regulations, you can apply to become an ‘ECS Registered Electrician’.
We’re introducing this new status to recognise those electricians who are not only qualified to NVQ Level 3, but also meet the latest British Standard (BS7671) for electrical installation.
If you’re working at this level, you should be proud of the time and effort you’ve put into your skills and professionalism so far. Become an ECS Registered Electrician and it will give you the status you deserve.
Why should I become Registered Electrician?
- Highlight your position as not only working to Level 3, but also the current Wiring Regulations
- Get a well-deserved endorsement for your professionalism and skills
- Stand out amongst your peers
- Be proud of the time and effort you’ve put into your training and development
- Increase your status and credibility in the industry
What criteria do I have to meet?
To become an ECS Registered Electrician you must:
1) Meet the ECS gold card requirements for Installation or Maintenance Electrician
2) Hold the current edition of the Wiring Regulations (BS7671, 17th Edition)
3) Agree to a Code of Professional Practice – this is a short document that include rules on working professionally and responsibly, that you must agree to before you can sign up
4) Agree to keep up to date with professional development, including the Wiring Regulations
What does it cost?
There is no ongoing subscription fee to become a Registered Electrician. Once you sign up you’ll be able to download a virtual card (via a smartphone) showing your Registered status – at no cost.
If you are an existing cardholder, a printed card – similar to your existing ECS card but showing your Registered Electrician status – will be available at a discounted price of £10 plus VAT if you would like one.
If your ECS card needs to be renewed, or you are applying for an ECS card for the first time, the Registered Electrician can be added to your application at no extra cost providing you meet the eligibility requirements. The standard fees for ECS card renewal or initial application still apply.
Are you interested?
You’ll be able to apply for Registered Electrician status very soon. Once it’s available, you’ll just need to follow one of the following steps:
1) Already an ECS Installation or Maintenance Gold cardholder?
Sign into MyECS and follow the link to add Registered Electrician to your existing card
2) Want to apply for an ECS gold card and Registered Electrician?
If you meet the criteria for an Installation or Maintenance Electrician card, and also have the up to date BS7671 qualification, the option to add the Registered Electrician status will be highlighted on your application.
Click ‘Register Now’ and send us your details, we’ll notify you as soon as you’re able to sign up.